Host Stan Hess discusses:
- White Girl Bleed A Lot, a new book on black on white crime published by the Washington Post and written by WDEL talk show host and investigative reporter Colin Flaherty;
- Makes Me Wanna Holler, a book by Nathan McColl about Black experiences as perpetrators of racial crime.
Keith Preston discusses the concept of fourth generation warfare. Topics include:
- How the nature of war has been transformed since the end of WW2 from a focus on states to a focus on non-state actors;
- How the modern state is a uniquely Western phenomenon that emerged out of the historic medieval order;
- The characteristics of the modern state that distinguish it from pre-modern forms of government;
- How the state achieved its monopoly on warfare at the conclusion of the Thirty Years War and how that monopoly is now being lost;
- The major reasons for the decline of the state in the present era.