April 30, 2012
The last photograph of Adolf Hitler viewing the destruction outside the entrance to the Führerbunker.
The ten days between Hitler’s 56th birthday on April 20, 1945 until his suicide on April 30 in the Führerbunker in Berlin are detailed. Carolyn also reads his Political Testimony which he dictated on April 29. In the 2nd hour, her special guest Severus brings his expertise and commentary to the subject. Discussion centers around:
- The certainty that Hitler did not “escape” the bunker;
- Hitler’s reasons for suicide and the traditional view of it;
- Hitler’s mental and physical strength (or not) at the end;
- The reasoning behind “fighting to the death”;
- Blaming the war on international Jewry;
- Expelling Göring and Himmler from the party;
- Mentioning the laws of race at the end of his Testament;
- And more.
1st half hour: Reading from The Fire: The Bombing of Germany 1940-1945 about the Allied destruction of Würzburg, Nuremberg and Munich in the south.