March 22, 2012
Keith Preston discusses the present economic decline and the need for a new economic paradigm. Topics include:
- Widening class divisions in the United States and the ongoing shift towards towards a two-tiered Third World model economy;
- Aristotle’s observation that a healthy society needs to avoid extremes towards either plutocracy or egalitarianism in favor of a large middle class;
- The writings of Paul Craig Roberts as a guide to the ongoing destruction of the working and middle classes;
- How movements like the Tea Party, Occupy Wall Street, and the Ron Paul campaign represent rising economic frustrations;
- The need for a new crop of political leaders who are able to pull discontented economic currents together towards the goal of attacking the system of corporate and state sponsored economic oppression;
- How the conventional wisdom that portrays economic policy as a choice between only big government from the Left or corporate exploitation from the Right sets up a false dichotomy;
- How big government and big business work hand in hand to protect ruling class privilege at the expense of ordinary working people;
- The original aims of the classical socialist movement of the 19th century and how these have been corrupted and perverted by the state over time;
- The ideas of several contemporary writers who have produced interesting works on alternative economics.
13 MB / 32 kbps mono / 0 hour 56 min.