March 15, 2012
Keith Preston interviews Vincent Rinehart and Nahaan. Topics include:
- The experiences of Vincent and Nahaan as American Indian activists defending their tribal and cultural heritage;
- The political model of the traditional clan system of native peoples in North America;
- The centuries long efforts of the U.S. regime to destroy organic forms of social organization in native communities;
- The role of the welfare state in preventing genuine self-determination by America’s Indian peoples;
- Why the struggle for American Indian sovereignty necessarily involves a struggle for the self-determination of all peoples held captive by the Washington empire, including White Christians;
- The compatibility of native sovereignty and self-determination with the anarchist and secessionist ideas offered by Attack the System;
- How the decline of organic and traditional communities as a means of social cohesion and self-managed justice has led to the rise of the police state.
Vince Rinehart is a Tlingit and Taos Pueblo Indian & a tribal nationalist and anarchist. He writes for his own blogs focusing on American Indian pan-tribal secession as well as for Attack the System and The Daily Attack. He is of the Teeyhíttaan clan from Shtax’héen Kwáan and was born and raised in Lingit Aani, Tlingit Country in Southeast Alaska.
Nahaan is a Dakhl’aweidí from the Chilkat river area of the Tlingít tribe of southeast Alaska. He is a child of the Paiute people and a grandchild of the Inupiaq. His inspiration comes from the oratory and culture of his ancestors. He organizes on a volunteer basis to ensure topics such as decolonization and historical truth are emphasized in all forms of his communication. He is a co-founder of old growth alliance, which is a non- profit native activist group based in Seattle. He also co founded and co-hosts Wooshkinaadeiyí Poetry Slam in Juneau, Alaska. he is working to become knowledgeable in all aspects of who he is and where he comes from in order that he can envision where to go.
13 MB / 32 kbps mono / 0 hour 56 min.