February 20, 2012
Carolyn Yeager begins the program reading from The Fire: The Bombing of Germany 1940-1945 by Jörg Friedrich about the firebombing of Pforzheim, the clock-and-jewelry-making city of 65,000 near the Black Forest. The other topics were:
- Brief history of “Presidents Day” in the U.S.;
- Leftists in Germany continue to re-write and minimize the bombing of Dresden and other cities;
- Yalta “Big Three” Conference of Feb. 4-11, 1945 mandated the mistake of “Unconditional Surrender” and was a give-away to the interests of the Soviet Union, both of which resulted in the death and enslavement of many millions of European civilians;
- Adolf Hitler’s purported 1919 connection with the “Reds,” as put forth by Harold Marcuse, debunked;
- Changes made to Elie Wiesel’s book Night in 2006 are for the purpose of turning a novel into an autobiography.
Rodney calls in commenting on distortions about National Socialism.