January 19, 2012
Keith Preston interviews Paul Gottfried. Topics include:
- The core characteristics that distinguish the Right from the Left, including a belief in the necessity and legitimacy of organic hierarchy, respect for the limitations imposed by human nature, and a preference for tradition ;
- How the American “conservative movement” is not really of the Right and how mainstream American politics is dominated by two factions of the Left;
- The transformation of the Left from its previous orientation towards Marxism to its current obsession with multiculturalism and alternative lifestyles;
- The role of the managerial state in promoting Political Correctness;
- The relationship between Christianity and modern “politics of guilt”;
- Neoconservatism as an outgrowth of the radical Left.
Paul Gottfried is professor emeritus of the humanities at Elizabethtown College, prolific author, and a leading scholar of the American traditional Right.
13 MB / 32 kbps mono / 0 hour 56 min.