March 21, 2011
Nauen City Hall, built around 1885. Enlarge.
Hans Krampe, German-Canadian writer for the Radical Press, talks about living in communist East Germany, then West Germany, and how he eventually “saw the light.” Topics include:
- Sylvia Stolz to be released in mid-April;
- Hans learns to love Father Stalin as a schoolchild in Nauen;
- Moved to grandmother’s in West Germany right before the ’53 uprising in East Germany;
- Contrasting the high-pressure West with the less affluent East;
- Disenchantment following death of Kennedy, and a stint in the Navy;
- Wealth of information on the Internet changed his view of history.
13 MB / 32 kbps mono / 0 hour 56 min.