The Heretics’ Hour: Interview with Michael Collins Piper

January 17, 2011

Michael Collins Piper

Michael Collins Piper is the author of Final Judgement, about the Kennedy assassination, and 9 other books. He is a long-time journalist associated with American Free Press, formerly The Spotlight, and hosts an Internet radio program The Piper Report since 2007.

Mike and Carolyn don’t hold back during this politically-incorrect hour.

Topics include:

• Jewish power in America laying groundwork for thought control legislation;
  • Those who bring about world war to destroy us will themselves be destroyed;
  • Zionism is the political arm of Judaism;
  • Hitler hate on the Internet;
  • Mike’s upcoming book: The Hitler Century.

Contact Carolyn:
carolyn carolynyeager.com

Comments

33 Responses to “The Heretics’ Hour: Interview with Michael Collins Piper”

1. A German on January 19th, 2011 2:17 am

That was one great broadcast!
    It was so suspenseful, time flew as it was only 1 minute :-)
    That meeting of the titans has absolutely to be repeated!!!

But Carolyn, I’m a bit disappointed ;-)
    Don’t you remember how Hitler himself described on the first pages of Mein Kampf, that his father, Alois Hitler thought anti-semitism would be “backward”?
    He also had no sense for all-German nationalism, he was a strict bureaucrat, a clerk, who was loyal to the Habsburg monarchy and Austria-Hungary.

Hitler also described in Mein Kampf that he was ignited with all-German nationalism by his German-nationalist history teacher in the Realschule.
    He also described that he despised the Dual-Monarchy from the beginning on, because he thought the situation was unnatural and that they supported Slavdom in Austria.

A declared anti-Semite he became only in his Vienna years, which he also described in Mein Kampf.
    He conceived Vienna as the modern version of the harlot of Babylon.

Until he moved to Vienna he lived most of his early life in Linz, exactly between the German border and Vienna.
    Not in Braunau, there he was only born.

And for the famous speech in the Kroll Oper you mentioned, Hitler said: “If Jewry once again tosses the peoples into a world war, then this will not be the end of the peoples of Europe, but the end of Jewry in Europe!”

One can interpret that as warning for a genocide, but it also can mean forced emigration! Until then the Madagascar plan still was on the agenda.
    It also can mean that Jewish POWER would end in Europe.

It’s a bit ambivalent.

I also have the feeling that in the next 100 years Hitler will have a rehabilitation like Napoleon.
    In the first 60 years Napoleon was described as monster, as Antichrist, but then from 1870 on they discovered, in all countries, the other Napoleon, the military genius, the law maker, the unifier of certain countries, like Germany, the one who wanted to bring the “ideals” of the French Revolution to all of Europe.
    And so he rests now in a marble sarcophagus in a mausoleum in Paris!

And the same will happen to Hitler, it already began.
    For example the German movie “Downfall” was ground breaking, for the first time a German movie depicted Hitler as a human being and not only in short scenes from behind. Of course at the end he was depicted as miserably failed and responsible, but it was already such a humane depiction that left hyaenas cried out it would cause sympathy for Hitler.

MCP is right about this myth nationalsocialists were all anti-intellectual. I love that argument from the left, that the right are all dumb idiots without a high school diploma. XD
    I especially laugh hard about that when I see punks and anarchists and other red scum on the street! XD

All higher NS leaders up to Hitler had an IQ of 120 to 145!
    Men like Goebbels and Rosenberg were highly intellectual, perhaps anti-intellectualists, i.e. anti-left cretins, but not anti-intellect.
    Hitler did not only have a huge library, he read almost one book per day and MEMORIZED it!
    So he was something what we call today a private scholar.

And MCP’s book title “The Hitler century” is epochal!
    Like “The Myth of the 20th century” or
    “The foundations of the 19th century”.

Would love to read MCP’s book. Will there be a German translation?
    Is there anything planned already?

2. Bob on January 19th, 2011 6:38 am

Carolyn Yeager at 51:20, “Oh.. wow… Cool!” says it all. Great concept!

One aspect of concern are the Jews who are attempting to co-opt the Hitler personage for themselves. I cannot locate the web page (the person who created it called herself ‘Emma Goldman’ .. lol), but it was obvious what the intent was.

These monsters have a history of buying out the best our people produce — Ezra Pound’s works a case in point. Rights to them have been purchased, and they are not promoted, while prices are kept artificially high.

But then there’s the internet…

3. Carolyn on January 19th, 2011 12:07 pm

@A German,

I didn’t remember all the details of the Hitler family at the time we were recording — I don’t have one of those photographic memories. I used to have quite a superior memory but, as MCP often says now when he doesn’t remember a detail, “I’m getting older.” And he’s only 50!

I only asked the question because Steve from Chicago wanted me to. [We have to keep all these Steve's straight.] And he wanted Mike’s comment on it, not mine. As I recall, Adolf said in Mein Kampf that he himself thought “anti-Semitism” was a disagreeable thing that was based on religious intolerance. It was in Vienna that he wandered into the Jewish quarter and saw that it was not “religious” but racial-ethnic-cultural and alien to Germany.

Didn’t AH live in Braunau until he was a young boy? Then they moved to Linz? I should create a time-line for myself for easy checking.

It was in Linz, after he was a little older, that he began to disapprove of the ethnically-mixed Austrian Kingdom. Then in Vienna, he walked into the Parliament one day and was shocked at the disorder and several languages spoken/shouted. After that, he made a study of it.

This is what was so unusual about AH – he studied everything that interested him, until he was an expert on it. He was never lazy; he was always working very hard on something.

The correct quote from Hitler’s speech you provided, I do not think can be interpreted as “genocide” at all. It’s clear what he meant, and we should be saying the same thing today, imo.

It will not be as easy to rehabilitate Hitler as it was Napoleon — much more is at stake for his enemies, which are numerous and powerful. But I agree that Piper’s book should be very good. Fantastic title and concept.

We’ve got the goods and the good people. We just need to not let ourselves be shouted down by the more timid souls. Truth lives!

4. Carolyn on January 19th, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi Bob,

Emma Goldman is a pseudonym for Veronica Clark, who is definitely not a Jew, nor are those associated with the website you’re speaking of, VSS, which I also can’t find now.

Not monsters either. She has a point of view about Hitler, whom she adores, that she promotes, such as in her book Black Nazis. She portrays AH as a dedicated Christian who became much more universalist as time went by. The only racial group she doesn’t like are the Jews; the others should be “included” against the Jews.

I don’t agree with this, and have told her so, but we are still on friendly terms. I asked her to be a guest shortly after I began the program, but she wanted to lie low at the time. She seems to be under attack alot.

In a sense, though, it is a kind of co-opting, but meant to improve Hitler’s image. You’re right though, that there are jewish groups that are trying to take it over. When Hitler’s image begins to improve, as say with Mike’s book, this attempt to take control will accelerate and become very devious. It’s my conviction that Gordon Duff is one example of this evil attempt by the “Zionists.” Watch out for this guy – he is real trouble, with even revisionist jumping on his bandwagon. But at the same time, it’s easy to see through what he’s doing, once you get the “gold dust” out of your eyes.

@German — I meant to include that I spoke of Hitler’s “conversion” to anti-Semitism after he went to Vienna on Kevin Barrett’s show, but I didn’t say enough. Vienna always had a large jewish population. I have that program available on my website http://www.carolynyeager.com — just scroll down to the bottom of the page. If you want to hear the following hour with Gordon Duff, go to http://www.americanfreedomradio.com/Barrett_11.html and download it.

5. A German on January 20th, 2011 1:28 am

@Carolyn
    Quotes from Mein Kampf:
    “I did not in the least suspect that there could be such a thing as a systematic anti-Semitism.
    Then I came to Vienna.

My ideas about anti-Semitism changed also in the course of time, but that was the change which I found most difficult. It cost me a greater internal conflict with myself, and it was only after a struggle between reason and sentiment that victory began to be decided in favour of the former.

I realized that the Jew uses language for the purpose of dissimulating his thought or at least veiling it, so that his real aim cannot be discovered by what he says but rather by reading between the lines. This knowledge was the occasion of the greatest inner revolution that I had yet experienced. From being a soft-hearted cosmopolitan I became an out-and-out anti-Semite.
    CHAPTER II: YEARS OF STUDY AND SUFFERING IN
    VIENNA

But I soon became enraged by the hideous spectacle that met my eyes. Several hundred representatives were there to discuss a problem of great economical importance and each representative had the right to have his say. That experience of a day was enough to supply me with food for thought during several weeks afterwards. The intellectual level of the debate was quite low. Some times the debaters did not make themselves intelligible at all. Several of those present did not speak German but only their Slav vernaculars or dialects. Thus I had the opportunity of
    hearing with my own ears what I had been hitherto acquainted with only through reading the newspapers. A turbulent mass of people, all gesticulating and bawling against one another, with a pathetic old man shaking his bell and making frantic efforts to call the House to a sense of its dignity by friendly appeals, exhortations, and grave warnings.
    I could not refrain from laughing.
    (his eperience in the Austrian parliament, compare that scene to Mexican spanish speaking representatives on the floor of the US Congress)

My father was a civil servant who fulfilled his duties very conscientiously.
    ….
    In those days it was the usual lot of an Austrian civil servant to be transferred periodically from one post to another. Not long after coming to Passau my father was transferred to Linz, and while there he retired finally to live on his pension.

To-day it is hard and almost impossible for me to say when the word ‘Jew’ first began to raise any particular thought in my mind. I do not remember even having heard the word at home during my father’s lifetime. If this name were mentioned in a derogatory sense I think the old gentleman would just have considered those who used it in this way as being uneducated reactionaries. In
    the course of his career he had come to be more or less a cosmopolitan, with strong views on nationalism, which had its effect on me as well.”

Carolyn for you and all others who want to listen to Thilo Sarrazin in English:

But don’t wonder, he has a speaking disorder, that’s why repeats sometimes a word. Highly intelligent.
    But unfortunately not educated about the Jew.

6. Steve F on January 20th, 2011 3:52 am

Hello, Carolyn!

This was the greatest show yet!

You said your favorite book about Hitler was “The Young Hitler I Knew”, by Kubicek, but have you ever read “The Triumph of Reason: The Thinking Man’s Hitler”?…..I think you will enjoy it.

WalshThinkingMansHitler.pdf
    Just copy and paste it.

There’s also “Germany’s Hitler”, by Heinz A. Heinz

They’re both excellent books.

7. Chris on January 21st, 2011 4:49 am
  8. Chris on January 21st, 2011 4:50 am

Sorry, stuffed up the HTML, but the link still takes you to the book on Amazon.

9. Steve F on January 21st, 2011 7:24 am

@Chris

“The author is neutral in tone….”

Yes, she’s “neutral”, in that instead of dumping a ton of [...] on Hitler’s name, she only dumps a wheelbarrow full!

“…but dedicated to the truth…”

I know you didn’t mean that as a joke, but I couldn’t help laughing.
    If she was “dedicated to the truth”, not only would the book not have been published by a well known publisher in Germany; the book would have been burned, the plates destroyed, and she would be having breakfast with Her sublime holiness, Sylvia Stolz, right about now!

Ditlieb Felderer nailed it, when he said: “If it isn’t prohibited, it ain’t worth reading”!

@Carolyn:

When Michael Piper said there had been thousands of books written about Hitler, and you seemed surprised; I had to chuckle.
    Here are the first words of the preface to the book I recomended:

The Thinking Man’s Hitler – by Michael Walsh

“Adolf Hitler has undoubtedly received more publicity than any other world figure, dead
    or alive. His persona, that of his political colleagues, his political party; the rise and
    combined Capitalist/Communist destruction fall of the Third Reich, have provided
    sufficient written material to fell several rain forests. At the latest count 120,000
    different titles. Virtually all of it the preposterous re-cycled one-sided propaganda of the
    victors.
    This absence of objectivity is equalled only by the difficulty of discovering first-hand
    what the German Leader actually said or thought. It is as if we sit in a court room in
    which the defendant, defence counsel and defence witnesses have been excluded. The
    judge and jury must form an opinion based exclusively on the accusations laid by the
    prosecution and witnesses for the prosecution. No proof of allegation will be required,
    they will face no questioning, call none but their own witnesses, every accusation will
    be accepted without question.
    Sixty years of unchallenged distortion, mischievous interpretation, bias, prejudice, the
    re-cycling of myths, hearsay – and what do we get: universal ignorance. An ignorance
    so profound that I was drawn to this conclusion. Should I invite twenty randomly
    picked people to provide a brief essay on major points of National Socialist history I
    could guarantee two certainties: twenty different answers, mostly provable poppycock”

Heil Hitler und Stolz!

10. Carolyn on January 21st, 2011 10:26 am

Thanks Steve F. I hope our good Chris listens to you. Most of our people cannot conceive of a really good Hitler — they have to see him as a mixed bag and think that is a great step forward in truth.

But, in actual truth, Hitler had very few faults, and most were based in his overwhelming virtures. Hitler is sort of like a German Thomas Jefferson, only he didn’t have Jefferson’s advantages.

I looked at the book Hitler’s Vienna at Amazon — it appears the author simply doesn’t go along with many of the most egregious lies and slanders about AH, and that’s all. But for so many, that is a big step to take.

To think that there are 120,000 Hitler titles does amaze me! It’s such a huge number that I’m not even convinced of it. :-)

11. Carolyn on January 21st, 2011 10:44 am

The other thing I meant to say was: All these “historians” never met Hitler and constructed their accounts from other historians who also never met Hitler.

The best books are by those who knew him — even his enemies said good things about him, such as Churchill, until wartime turned everything into black propaganda.

MCP recommended the book by Hitler’s valet, Heinz Linge, “With Hiterl to the End.” Wilhelm Mann says the book by Milch, Hitler’s personal pilot, is the best, but perhaps it’s not in English yet. The book we are translating, “Another Hitler” by Hermann Giesler, who spent a great deal of time with AH, much of it alone, one on one. These, and many others, are talking about what they know, not what they read about in other books.

This should be taken into consideration.

12. A German on January 21st, 2011 11:08 am

@Carolyn
    I think you’re right, primary sources are the best.
    But the negativum is, primary witnesses only see one side of the elephant!

But a agree, authors who just summarize what other authors (no witnesses) wrote, are bad.

13. Steve F on January 21st, 2011 1:09 pm

@Carolyn:
    I’ll try to find those books you mentioned.
    I’ve read “Another Hitler”, on your website.
    Another book by Hitler’s close associates is “Adolf Hitler: The Life of the Leader”:

Churchill said about Hitler’s acomplishments:

“Whatever else may be thought of these exploits; they are certainly among the most remarkable in the whole history of the World”

When you consider the “material” Hitler had to work with, i.e. the degenerate “base metal” of the Weimar Republic, and how rapidly He transformed it into “Gold”; it’s difficult not to believe that the Life Force was working in Him, and through Him!

Some people compare Hitler with Stalin.
    I can think of one way to compare Hitler with Stalin; that is; Hitler probably caused as many tears to fall as Stalin did.
    If you’ll watch the following video to the end, it’s easy to imagine that the ground is wet with tears!

Don’t let the music bother you, just watch it to the end.
    My favorite part is at the 4 minute mark, when the Girl Leader brings Her Girls to attention, and salutes the Holy Banner.
    I can’t tell you what that does to my soul!

14. A German on January 21st, 2011 2:07 pm

@Steve F
    Thanks for all the information and the book link!
    But your video says to me:
    “This video is not available because it has content of Sony Music Enterteinment”
    Of course, it’s just the music ;-)

That’s the way she goes, here in the new Germany, “the most free state we ever had on German soil” ;-)

I get such messages minimum 10 times per day on Youtube.
    Strangely only for white advocacy videos, there Sony, UMG and WMG are looking after their music very hard. At least so it seems.
    ;-)

Isn’t “democracy” nice?
    Especially in the New Germany? LOL

15. A German on January 21st, 2011 2:10 pm

But don’t forget to blame China for censorship!!!
    LOL

16. Steve F on January 21st, 2011 4:15 pm

@German

“Of course, it’s just the music ;-)”

Oh, of course it’s just the music they’re “protecting”! There can be no doubt about it…..uhh…..I think…..maybe…..?
    And everyone knows it’s the “Chinese” we have to blame for censorship; the worst culprits are Shlomo Chong, and Oy Vey Chang!

17. Carolyn on January 21st, 2011 6:21 pm

@A German,
    Yes, you are right :

“But the negativum is, primary witnesses only see one side of the elephant!
    And for that case there is a good author/historian to bring all these primary sources together.”

That is exactly what they say. They always have an answer, don’t they, even if it isn’t any good.

18. Steve F on January 21st, 2011 6:23 pm

@Carolyn

“Hitler had very few faults, and most were based in his overwhelming virtures”

Yes, Carolyn; as a matter of fact, I think His virtues WERE His faults!
    Savitri Devi says He was too much Sun, and not enough Lightning.
    Maybe that’s true, or maybe He used Sun, where He should have used Lightning, and Lightning, where He should have used Sun.

Perhaps, instead of letting the English Army go at Dunkirk, He should have captured them.
    Perhaps, instead of bombing London, He should have sent His bombers all over England dropping “Love Letters”, explaining to the English people that He didn’t want this fratricidal war, and urging them to depose Churchill.

Of course, we can visit the Dreamland of “what if”, but we always have to return to the reality that Time was against Hitler, as He was against Time.

The Jews wanted war, and there was nothing anyone could have done to stop it!

I have a list of Adolf Hitler’s faults; I’m listing them on a postage stamp with a No. 2 pencil; I don’t think I’ll need a pencil sharpener! ; )

19. Carolyn on January 21st, 2011 7:02 pm

Steve F., you really do make me laugh. You are irrepressible! That online book you recommended is outstanding – full of pictures too.

I looked through the chapter by Albert Speer. He spoke so highly of AH all during the 3rd Reich time, then turned on him when the Allies took over. He’s one of the shameful ones, and it really is a shame because he was such a brilliant man. He tried to take away from Hitler’s brilliance afterward, partly to save his skin, but also just out of nastiness. He lied about AH in so many instances in order to put him down.

We have a long chapter from Giesler on Speer translated, but it doesn’t really fit with the rest. We will probably select some of it for an article, separate from our series which hopefully will be turned into a book. Speer gave Giesler lots of problems; he was jealous, even though he, Speer, was number one.

When I talk about Hitler’s virtues, I’m not talking about his military decisions, but as a man and human being.

20. Chris on January 22nd, 2011 7:20 am

Steve F, I noticed that you never pointed out specifically what the faults of Hamann’s book was. Perhaps you have not even read it? If you only read books that are worshipful of Hitler then of course you will be dissatisfied.

Carolyn, I do consider Hitler to be a mixed bag. I assume, a priori, that all humans are a mixed bag, given that we are fallen creatures – although, of course, some are better than others.

I still think that you will enjoy the book. In any event, it is not so much about Hitler as it is about Vienna at the beginning of the 20th Century. That is the milieu from which Hitler emerged.

21. Carolyn on January 22nd, 2011 11:17 am

So Chris, this is not so much a book about Hitler, but about a time and a place. This makes it far more likely that the author will not have a clear picture of the man.

I’m not going to read the book — I would like to read hundreds of books that time does not permit me to do — so tell us more. I read some of the reviews; they sound mostly fair. Here is one excerpt:

“The most surprising fact about Hitler brought to light is that he had many Jewish friends during his Vienna days. And I had to laugh at the part where he was described by a former fellow boarder at the men’s hostel as having arrived wearing shoulder-length hair and wearing nothing but a coat because he didn’t have a shirt.”

Here is an example of someone claiming to have known Hitler at a boarding house who is obviously making things up. Hitler never had long hair and would never be without a shirt. He was extremely proper and took care of his appearance no matter how poor he was. He was able to make enough money to keep himself together, even though he spent time “researching” the political world around him instead of working for money.

The reviews speak of many “friends” and “acquaintances”of Hitler who describe him. How does the author make certain these are credible? August Kubizek says, believably, that he was AH’s “single and exclusive friend between 1904 and 1908. They shared a room in Vienna from Feb. 1907 until July 1908, at which time Hitler was 19 years old. After that Hitler lived in a boarding house or houses, but I would say his views were fairly well set by the age of 19. I find it hard to believe that he had “many Jewish friends” because Kubizek describes AH as being turned off by “his” Jewish friends.

The author’s proposition seems to be that Vienna shaped Hitler’s views; therefore we understand Hitler by understanding the Vienna of that time. It is no doubt a good attempt, but maybe not the best book for understanding Hitler that one can find.

Can you explain some of this?

22. Chris on January 22nd, 2011 4:38 pm

Carolyn, I do not know to what the reviewer is referring when he mentions the long hair and no shirt. I do not recall having read that. In fact, I rather thought that Hitler’s fastidiousness comes through clearly in the book. There are plenty of (I suspect) Jewish trolls on Amazon that write this nonsense on any Hitler-related book.

The book does mention that Hitler had several jewish friends, mainly from the men’s hostel where he did his postcard paintings. Is that so hard to believe though? Hitler believed his mother’s doctor (Koch) was a noble jew and had him protected from the Gestapo after the Anschluss. One can like individual jews yet be opposed to jewry.

Actually, the book uses Kubizek as one of it’s main sources. The author also admits that the sources aren’t as solid between his seperation from Kubizek and his move to Munich and is quite willing to be critical of the sources she can find.

In any event, as I said the book talks alot about the millieu in which Hitler came of age. It talks about influential figures of the era like Schonerer, Lueger etc. I find that personally interesting and, in any event, think it is an import element in understanding the man.

23. Drew on January 22nd, 2011 6:45 pm

Carolyn,
    Another great show.
    One of the books that really opened my eyes to the truth about Hitler is “Hitler: Memoirs Of A Confidant” by Otto Wagener (Edited by Henry A. Turner, Yale U. Press, 1985). If you haven’t read it yet, get it while you still can, and put it at the top of your list. Used copies are still very inexpensive.

Virtually everything you and Michael Piper have ever said about Hitler is confirmed in these pages by Otto Wagener, who knew Hitler intimately as an early economic advisor. This is one of the most quotable books on Hitler that rarely if ever gets quoted. You should devote an entire show to this book alone. Your listeners will love it.

24. Steve F on January 22nd, 2011 11:01 pm

@Chris

” I noticed that you never pointed out specifically what the faults of Hamann’s book was”

Well, actually I did point it out; not in an empirical way, but in a rational way, when I said that a well known publisher in Germany would not publish her book if she was “dedicated to truth”.
    And I think that should be obvious to any intelligent person.

I think it is less likely for a “well known publisher” in Soviet Jewmany to publish anything that presents Hitler as anything but an infinite monster, than it would be for Abe Foxman and the ADL to publish “Dissecting the Holocaust”, or “The Hitler We Loved and Why”!

Hitler was not a monster; the “Holocaust” is a Hoax!
    Raul Hilberg admits there was no Hitler order to exterminate the Jews; so he says it was done by “an incredible meeting of minds, a consensus-mind reading by a far-flung
    bureaucracy”!

So, Hilberg has left the Land of Truth and Reality, and boarded the HMS Paranormal; the Ship of Fantasy, Falsehood, and Magic.
    The Holohoax is a confusing nightmare of scatological phantasmagoria by the self- chosen people of “the big Lie”!

First Hitler killed 4,000,000, Jews at Auschwitz; then it was 1.1 million; then it was 700,000; but the total still remains at 6,000,000!
    The Holohoax is led by Confusion Boats….with mutiny from stern to bow!

But if the “Holocaust” is a Hoax; then shouldn’t Hitler be seen in a different light?
    Shouldn’t we remove the Halloween mask that has been placed on Hitler by His enemies?

You don’t have to worship Hitler, Chris; just remove the mask and see who He is….or “was”, if you prefer.

25. Chris on January 23rd, 2011 5:39 am

Steve F, again you never pointed out what in the book you take issue with. You just rambled on about the jews and the Holocaust. Your point was neither empirical or rational.

Read the book, then let’s talk.

26. Bob on January 23rd, 2011 8:07 am

<i<Walsh

Just downloaded WalshThinkingMansHitler.pdf and searched for “knives” — finding exactly what I was looking for:

The Night of the Long Knives

From what I see there, it is incomplete in the extreme — to put the very, very best light on it!

I do not claim to have MCP’s or Carolyn Yeager’s ability, but do say this with resolve:

If the truth about Roehm and the ‘second revolution’ continues to be obscured in such lies, as that perpetrated, to justify the killing of over a thousand, including AH’s most devoted Grigor Strasser, by such as these excellent personages…

ALL HOPE IS LOST!

Also, from my youth, I could never accept any other reason for Dunkirk than complete and utter insanity. No one has yet cogently disputed this obvious fact.

These are not mere faults, but as history proves…

THEY ARE FATAL!

27. Carolyn on January 23rd, 2011 10:30 am

Thanks Drew, I just ordered the book.

28. A German on January 23rd, 2011 10:37 am

@Bob
    Hitler didn’t want to execute Strasser.

When Hitler got the message that Strasser was executed too, he screamed under tears: “Not Gregor, I forbate it!” (Strasser was one of the few who had the allowance to address the Führer informally with ‘du’)

And then Hitler vanished into his private rooms for days without speaking with anybody.

Strasser was one of Hitler’s ‘alte Kameraden’, he never ordered his execution, this was done by overzealous SS men.
    He never would have allowed that and was in a deep grief after that.
    He also looked after Strasser’s widow and paid her a life long pension.

That’s also part of the story.

29. Carolyn on January 23rd, 2011 10:57 am

@Bob,

You continue to puzzle me. I looked up the section you refer to in Walsh’s “Thinking Man’s Hitler.” The section is actually headed “The Roehm Purge.” The sentence with “knives” in it is this:

“Planning their bloody ‘Night of the Long Knives’ – Roehm’s
    expression and not Hitler’s response to it as is often wrongly claimed, Hitler would have been presented with a fait accompli and forced to accept the conditions of the traitor Roehm’s ‘Second Revolution’.”

If you know that over a thousand were killed, please give your sources.

As to Dunkirk, Hitler’s reasons for that decision has been given in many accounts. You may think them wrong, foolish and fatal, but insanity they are not. Again, this is your interpretation. I don’t know of anyone who attributes it to insanity.

30. Bob on January 23rd, 2011 3:40 pm

@ Carolyn

I am not a historian, and obviously the discipline required for that profession is not a strong point of mine.

What I ask of yourself and Michael Collins Piper in this this “Hitler Century” endeavor is an objectivity which may be difficult even for the best of us.

The most important period of the Third Reich was that from 1930 to 1934. The die was cast in those years, as what then passed for the German “Military Industrial Complex” gained sway behind the scenes.

My hope is that you and Mike will really delve deeply into not just the facts, but the underlying political reasons for them. I have much respect for both of you; however, my ultimate respect and honor goes one place and one place only — truth!

14 Bob

31. Steve F on January 23rd, 2011 4:43 pm

@Chris

” you never pointed out what in the book you take issue with”

I read all the customer reviews on amazon.com,
    Here’s a sample:

“Charting Hitler’s youth in the provinces and formative years in Vienna up until the age of 24, Hitler emerges as a product of his social group (men’s hostel disenchantment, the need to feel superior in a sea of immigrants)”

So, what is this?…..a politically correct comic book?

“but already displays his vitriolic strain in uncontrolled, irrational outbursts brought on by his anxiety for a dominant German culture”

Uncontrolled?….irrational?
    Hitler destroyed his opponents with logic, reason, and common sense!

“a German culture he would ultimately bring to ruin”

Oh, I get it, now!…..how could I have been so stupid!
    I always thought that Hitler brought German culture to life, and that it was Capitalism and Communism that destroyed his miraculous work!

Churchill seems to have labored under the same delusion when he said:

“He has succeeded in restoring Germany to the most powerful position in Europe; and not only has he restored the position of his country, but he has even, to a great extent, reversed the results of the Great War….Whatever else may be thought of these exploits, they are certainly among the most remarkable in the whole history of the World!”

And Harold Harmsworth, 1st Viscount Rothermere of Britain was another gullible fool!
    He said of Hitler:

“He has a supreme intellect….If one puts a question to Hitler, he gives an immediate, brilliant, clear answer.
    There is no human being living whose promise on important matters I would trust more readily.
    He believes Germany has a Divine calling, and that the German people are destined to save Europe from the revolutionary attacks of Communism.
    He values family life very highly, whereas Communism is its worst enemy.
    He has thoroughly cleansed the moral, ethical life of Germany”

And Knut Hamsun, Norwegian writer and Nobel Prize winner; another brainwashed lemming, said:

He was a Warrior for Mankind, and a Herald of the Gospel of justice for all Nations. He was a reformative figure of the highest rank, and it was His historic fate that He had to work in a time of unprecedented baseness, which in the end brought Him down.
    Thus, I suppose, must the ordinary, west European look upon Adolf Hitler.
    And we, His close followers, now bow our heads before His mortal Shroud”

There were many others who said good things about Adolf Hitler; but thankfully, we have Brigitte Hamann to come to our rescue, and show us the error of our ways!

Another reviewer said:

“Thankfully, Hamann doesn’t indulge in psychoanalyzing Hitler, which is sort of a deranged cottage industry amongst more recent Hitler biographers”

That would be good, if only it were true.

Oh, and Chris….I hope it doesn’t offend you when I say Heil Hitler, and Heil Sylvia Stolz…..you see, I can’t help it…..I feel their Spirit rushing through my Soul!

“If it isn’t prohibbited, it ain’t worth reading”

32. Carolyn on January 23rd, 2011 9:21 pm

“I am not worthy to speak aloud of Adolf Hitler; and His life and work do not invite sentimental words.”

My favorite novel of all time is Knut Hamsun’s “Growth of the Soil”. And I have read scores of good novels, classics. I just loved that particular book; I did not want it to end.

When I read it, I was a long way from having any thought of Adolf Hitler, for sure, and knew nothing of Hamsun’s admiration for AH either. It’s just that that book is beyond special.

33. kilgoretrout on January 25th, 2011 11:42 am

There is a bio movie about Knut on Netflix. If ya havent seen it.