October 25, 2010
Special two-hour program! Topics include:
- History of the region & persecution of minorities;
- Arrival of the partisans; terrorism in German Slovakia;
- Saved by an SS police detachment, move to Prague;
- American bombs and violence by Czechs;
- Flight to the new German border;
- Life as refugees in Bavaria.
Andreas Wesserle emigrated to the U.S. with his parents in 1952, to Chicago and then Milwaukee. He began college at North Park University, then to Marquette, Univ. of Wisconsin and Southern Ill. Univ., eventually earning four degrees: in Political Science, History, Sociology, and Urban Planning. He taught Political Science, History and History of US Foreign Policy at seven universities in this country and in Europe, including the Univ. of Munich. He’s the author of many hundreds of publications and commentaries. He lives today with his wife in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
26 MB / 32 kbps mono / 1 hour 55 min.