Ted Nugent commends Dubuque, Iowa for being White

August 20, 2010

It was bad enough that rock musician Ted Nugent made racially insensitive remarks on stage last week in Dubuque. What made it worse was that audience members cheered. [O, the horror! -Ed.]

Anybody who thinks racism is in Dubuque’s past had better think again.

Nugent commented approvingly that he saw so many white people in the audience. He commended Dubuque for being a “white town.” The crowd — not just a few fans here and there — cheered. (That is not to say that everyone in the audience was a Dubuque resident and that everyone cheered. But no expression of disapproval was heard, either; hopefully, some were too shocked to respond.)

People who attend performances, whether they are stand-up comics or musicians or the like, might expect some political comments to be interjected during a show. But Nugent’s remarks crossed the line.

This wasn’t a first for Nugent. For example, there was the Texas governor’s inaugural ball in 2007. A newspaper reported that Nugent, whose conservative politics and pro-gun beliefs are well known, “appeared on stage wearing a cut-off T-shirt emblazoned with a Confederate flag and shouting unflattering remarks about undocumented immigrants, including kicking them out of the country.”

Enter Ted Nugent’s name in Google and you’ll be treated to many racist and sexist gems. Here’s a Nugent rant delivered at a National Rifle Association conference : “Remember the Alamo! Shoot ‘em! To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want ‘em dead. Get a gun, and when they attack you, shoot ‘em.”

Officials at the Diamond Jo Casino, who booked Nugent here, said they won’t censor a performer. Other venues who book talent, also asked about it by the TH, said much the same. We get it: Freedom of speech and all that. But venues also have the freedom to not book acts, especially ones whose on-stage comments are known to include hate speech.

Certainly, there are comedians who play local stages who might offend some audience members with crude humor and explicit language. But Nugent’s comments went beyond a question of taste. It’s fodder for career-crippling YouTube videos and audiotapes.

That type of talk, delivered to audience members who have been drinking, could spark a confrontation between audience members. Does the venue have a plan for how to handle that? What about a venue’s employees — should they be expected to work in that environment?

And then for the local crowd to cheer Nugent’s remarks? It is an outrage and embarrassment.

Editorials reflect the consensus of the Telegraph Herald Editorial Board.

Source: Telegraph Herald.

Comments

8 Responses to “Ted Nugent commends Dubuque, Iowa for being White”

1. TheTruth on August 20th, 2010 10:04 pm

LOL. You’re too typically liberal! Of course Nugent’s remarks haven’t crossed the line. Nor have they ever. You’re just jealuos because you lack pride.

But, instead of calling you out on your own racism and sexism (that is all too common amongst liberals), I’m going to allow you to do it. Deal?

Okay, here we go…

If a White person has pride, you point the finger and whine “racism” and “sexism.”

What do you whine when you hear Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, Jews, women and gays mention their pride (or utter lack of it, in the case of gays)?

Now, let’s see if you actually answer that, instead of pushing the same old excuses for liberal racism, or trying to change the subject with my ‘gay pride’ remark.

2. ResistanceReport.com on August 20th, 2010 10:56 pm

After reading this article I had to write to the head editor, and tell him how much of a racist I thought he was against white people.

We all know he would not have said one word about this if Nugent was black. I support blacks who proclaim pride in their race because I believe it’s a normal and healthy thing to do, but I’ll be damned if I’m going to sit by and do nothing while Jewish racists, or self hating whites deny us the same respect.

3. skyline on August 21st, 2010 1:01 am

The Brit twit editor aside, Ted Nugent is the Dr. Laura of county fairs, an over-the-hill put-up job in Goodwill clothes. He sits on the board of the gun rights sellout NRA, supports globalist Texas Governor, Rick Perry, all things Zionist, and still believes and defends the official 9/11 mythology. Google dat sheet. Eats what he kills.

Worse, like the sluggish minded Tea Baggers, half the guilt-ridden crowd in Dubuque didn’t even know what they were cheering about. Don’t kid yourself, had it been Oprah or the Four Tops on stage they would have done the same thing. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if Dubuque wasn’t some kind of corn seed sanctuary city.

4. skyline on August 21st, 2010 1:14 am

P.S. the only thing ‘white’ about Ted Nugent is his white trash ways. Like a lot of these fake conservatives, he may look like white, but he certainly does not support or promote the interests of his race. Not in the real sense.

5. ResistanceReport.com on August 21st, 2010 7:44 pm

The main point here is racism against white people, not Ted Nugent. Give the man credit for saying what he said, and so far, not apologizing for it. That doesn’t make him a hero of course, but we need more white people who will speak the truth, and not back down later because of Jewish racist pressure.

How we should deal with situations like this is simple. We should speak out in support of truthful comments, and oppose the lies. It doesn’t matter where they come from.

Of course, we should all know by now that just because a man says one or two truthful things does not make him a race patriot. Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc…

6. skyline on August 22nd, 2010 11:28 am

>>We should speak out in support of truthful comments, and oppose
    >> the lies. It doesn’t matter where they come from.

Based on that logic, it’s time we voted for a real man. . .like Sarah Palin.

7. patthemick on August 23rd, 2010 9:31 am

I don’t know about you but I see a stirring of the white race in both Dr. Lauras comments and Nugents. The elite are reading the internet and we are not composed simply of angry old men and nerds sitting in front of keyboards pounding away.
    After Bill Clintons incredibly stupid remarks about how cool it will be when we are a minority in fifty years a lot of whites smelled the coffee and to me that’s a good thing.
    Buckle your seatbelts it’s going to be a bumpy ride.lol

8. skyline on September 9th, 2010 5:26 pm

Nugent: A salute to Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck

Follow their lead and spread the word till Election Day

Ted Nugent – Washington Times

I joyfully bring you a glowing report as I wrap up my tour across America 2010, where nightly, all summer long, I have been privileged to meet with great, hardworking and hard-playing American families from every imaginable walk of life in 68 cities. I share with you a powerful, united message of unstoppable good will, decency, indefatigable, positive spirit and a herculean work ethic that is absolutely dedicated to bringing America back from this embarrassing brink of unaccountable upside-down government gone mad.