July 12, 2010
Click here for full image
- Family and school activities before 1943
- Status and treatment as an “enemy alien”
- The Crystal City, Texas internment camp
- Last stop: Ellis Island
- No Congressional apology or compensation for German internees
- The upcoming German Internee Reunion, Aug. 28, in Quakertown, Pennsylvania (for further info, email Carolyn)
About Eberhard Fuhr
Eberhard Fuhr immigrated to the US from Germany as a child. He was arrested at his high school in 1943 at age 17 as a perceived security risk. He was detained, along with his family, in an internment camp in Crystal City, Texas during WWII. Since his retirement, he travels the country speaking about the US internment of Germans.
13 MB / 32 kbps mono / 0 hour 56 min.