The Sunic Journal: Interview with Jack Donovan

May 4, 2010

Jack Donovan

Tom Sunic interviews Jack Donovan, an author and commentator who covers issues involving the decline of manhood and honor in the modern West. Topics include:

• Literary influences that shaped Jack’s current views; Wilde and Mishima
  • Androphilia; criticism of “gay culture”; paleomasculinity
  • The double standard in treatment of traditional groups and radical groups: gays, feminists, and minority groups
  • The family unit and feminism; Leftist-manufactured “phobias”
  • The origin of homosexuality: genetic or environmental determinism; the possibility of changing one’s orientation; sexuality as a “normative” standard

Contact Tom:
tom.sunic hotmail.com

Comments

13 Responses to “The Sunic Journal: Interview with Jack Donovan”

1. Fredrik on May 5th, 2010 6:55 am

This is your best show so far, Dr. Sunic. Jack Donovan is an amazing intellectual, and if he’s pro-white, this is a step in the right direction. He spent the first half of the show proving himself as one of the greatest thinkers on the right, then confirmed our suspicions regarding his sexuality.

Is the conflict between homosexual and heterosexual males a construct by leftist to create friction within our culture. Was it created by building an identity for the homosexual male as weaker and more feminized, and the heterosexual ideal as potentially dangerous and a threat to homosexuals?

However, you missed one important and provocative question: The individual homosexual can obviously work for and benefit our community, but as a group, do they automatically turn into the “gay community”?

Love your writing and will definitely check out your website, Jack.

2. Fredrik on May 5th, 2010 7:08 am

A feminized culture will be bred out of existence by a masculine culture, no matter how inferior the masculine culture is otherwise. This logic is simple yet powerful. If only we could get pro-western feminists and homosexuals to understand it.

Tom Sunic, you misjudge your listeners if you think you have to “cover up” for yourself by acting surprised when Donovan confirmed his sexual orientation. You don’t have a problem with it.

3. Skeeter on May 7th, 2010 6:52 am

It’s good that Jack brought up the Ancient Greeks. They had an entirely different view of homosexuality than our society does. It was OK to be a homosexual in Ancient Greece as long as you were masculine and eventually married a woman. Otherwise, you would have been considered effeminate and shunned. This is a more intelligent way of dealing with the problem of homosexuality than simply repressing it the way Christians do. I think the Christians in this country are just as responsible for creating the ultra-leftist gay “culture” as the gays are.

4. Chris on May 7th, 2010 4:34 pm

The homosexualilty of the Ancients was still fundamentally exploitative given that it usually involved a young boy. I for one think homosexuality should be repressed with anti-sodomy laws, as we did up until the fairly recent past.

5. Meno's Slave on May 11th, 2010 2:40 am

It didn’t usually involve a young boy in Ancient Greece, and certainly not as young as (female) wives were married off (often upon the commencement of child-bearing ability). However, it is true that it involved a relative age difference (one partner was usually noticeably older than the other).

6. Jon on May 11th, 2010 10:47 pm

A very interesting interview. I’ve known many homosexuals in my life. None I felt threatened by. I do think it is quite interesting that many in “the movement:” hate gays outright, yet had sexual relations with men in the pen. Or think it “ok” to have anal sex with their wives.

Personally, I don’t want, nor ever had my penis in an anus, ever. But it is really laughable when you consider the hypocrisy that goes on, IMHO.

Tom’s tackling a hard topic. We should give him a lot of kudos for that. I obviously have my own opinion about this as do most of the listenership here. But it is an open and honest discussion.

The idiots [elsewhere] are quick to label Tom as a pro-homo person now. As [] probable trolls do. But hey, the tough topics will always be attacked like this.

[...]

7. charles ellis on May 14th, 2010 1:48 am

A.Georgiades “ Debunking the Myth of Homosexuality in Ancient Greece”

Maybe you twits need to read this article before you defame the

Ancient Greeks anymore.

8. Steve(Codex) on May 15th, 2010 10:03 pm

charles,

I’ve seen the frescoes and imagery on Greek pottery which suggests a significant, though not rampant, acceptance of homoerotic practice among them. I hadn’t heard of the source you supply for an understanding of ancient Greek mores. Apparently, Adonis Georgiades is a politician who speaks for the right-wing Greek Popular Orthodox Rally party. I was curious to know if Jack Donovan had ever heard of him or read his writings and sent him an email. Here is Jack’s reply:

I know that the modern Greeks are really, really sensitive about “Greek Love.”

Beyond that, no, I really haven’t looked into that particular guy’s book. I tend to discount the far ends of the spectrum on the classical world. No one *really* knows exactly what life was like then. We have bits and pieces. The idea that Ancient Greece was some sort of “gay” paradise in the modern sense seems far fetched — I suspect the majority of people had families and it was for the most part tolerated among the poor and kind of a hip, idealized thing among the wealthy. They had negative slang for it…”wide assed” being particularly colorful. And there were some legal parameters for it. I’m no Classical Studies scholar but I’ve read up on the subject obviously. Male homosexuality (or rather, bisexuality) can come in and out of fashion, theoretically, without much effect so long as the men are still marrying women and having kids.

This was the source that I thought seemed even handed: Bisexuality in the Ancient World by Eva Cantarella

9. Mike Conner on May 18th, 2010 9:42 pm

I am forced to delete a few comments.

The general principle guiding VoR’s comment policy, agreed by myself and the founders, is straightforward: Comments must be constructive. The comments exist solely for this Web site’s benefit. This Web site doesn’t exist so that Internet flame warriors can write their comments. I hope that this is clear.

@Steve: The sort of vulgar language that you have been using is unacceptable. And, I don’t care who flamed who first.

@Charles: Please refrain from name-calling and insults because you disapprove of one guest on one show out of hundreds.

Going forward, if you can’t be civil and targeted in your criticism, then please refrain from writing comments.

10. Steve(Codex) on May 19th, 2010 12:18 am

Yeah, I got carried away there, Mike. Sorry about that.

11. charles ellis on May 19th, 2010 5:24 pm

Mr. Conner: I confess I agree with you about VOR. All of the hundreds of shows have been excellent and/or thought-provoking.
    Of all of those hundreds of shows/guests I have only been
    seriously offended by one.
    But even more, I have the upmost respect for people on VOR
    because you have the courage to stand up and openly defend our
    people, rather than hide behind trendy internet handles.
    That is more impressive, in this degenerate age, than any of the other courageus things that you have accomplished.

But at the risk of being accused of name-calling, I still think
    that you, or some of you, are somewhat naive on the obvious
    subject. I would urge you to revisit what happened to
    Joseph McCarthy when he, in an attempt to curry favor with the
    jewish lobby, hired two right-wing homosexual attorneys to
    to help him in his anti-communist campaign. I am sorry that
    I don’t have the direct link, but anyone at http://www.barnesreview.org
    should , as I am pretty sure I first read about it there.

As for the contretemps with your co-worker, all I can do is
    quote my dear old mother. When I was in the 1st grade and
    I would come home crying because some bully was picking
    on me, she would just look at me and say,
    ” sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me.” But I realize us old pterodactyls from the 50′s are a dying
    breed so I promise to be nice.

12. Mike Conner on May 19th, 2010 9:48 pm

Mr. Ellis,

I appreciate your earnest concern, and I think that I understand your point of view. When in doubt, I think that it’s going to be VoR’s general tendency to allow hosts and their producers (like Steve) a good amount of discretion to do shows as they see fit, including guest choice (there are definitely exceptions, though). As long as the program is valuable on balance — and let’s be frank here, Dr. Sunic’s show is very valuable on balance — I don’t think there is a problem with an occasional controversial guest, even though my own personal views may tell me otherwise in some cases.

By the way, one possible misconception that you may have that I would like to disabuse you of is the idea that we are in any way attempting to curry favor with Jews or homosexuals by this or any other guest choice. Please be assured that nothing of the sort is the case.

Finally, we do appreciate your donations, and we do pay attention to the opinions of donors as well as those of our volunteer staff. I hope that you realize that not every choice is easy and that making every person happy every time is quite impossible.

Respectfully,
    -Mike

13. charles ellis on May 20th, 2010 6:31 am

Mr Conner : As much as I would like everyone to think that I am
    a big fat cat donor, I have to confess that I was shamed into
    donating to VOR by Mishko’s announcement last week that in spite
    of 100s of 1000s of downloads, VOR was having a hard time making
    the weekly expenses. Well, I am one of those free-loaders.
    I have down-loaded and listened to almost every program that
    you folks have produced. Hell, I have down-loaded and listened
    to every one of Dr Sunic’s programs. In a strange twist of fate,
    I was actually listening to Dr Sunic interview Mr Donovan as I
    was returning from the post office after mailing your check.
    And, as Steve so presciently put it, I proceeded to throw a
    Hissy fit. And to add insult to injury, I was introduced to Dr Sunic
    By a mutual friend and he was very gracious and friendly.
    And in defense of Steve, Dr Sunic didn’t get my odd South
    Idaho humor either. For some reason, no one gets it except
    other South Idahoans. And while I’m at it I am sure Mr Donovan
    is always respectful to his parents.

So now that I have gotten my real mea culpas out of the way,
    lets get to the real reason of this post. I have a lot of great
    ideas about fundraising ( most of which I stole from Jamie
    Kelso ). We probably should have this conversation in private,
    so why don’t you shoot me an e-mail and lets talk about how
    to get some of these freeloading bas….oops, I mean these
    loyal listeners to cough up some money.

charles ellis