The Sunic Journal: Interview with Dr. Michael Hill

April 27, 2010

Dr. Michael Hill

Tom Sunic interviews Dr. Michael Hill, a former professor of History at the University of Alabama and founder of the League of the South. Topics include:

• The League of the South: Its purpose, history, and activities
  • The legality, logistics & likelihood of secession
  • The putative demographics of a secessionist South
  • Southern culture, community & heritage; Fitzhugh and other Southern authors

To learn more and become a member of the League of the South, y’all visit their fine website at dixienet.org.

Contact Tom:
tom.sunic hotmail.com

Comments

9 Responses to “The Sunic Journal: Interview with Dr. Michael Hill”

1. Gotterdammerung on April 29th, 2010 11:29 pm

Very Gotterdammerung!

Thanks for the show!

G.

2. Luke on April 30th, 2010 8:54 am

I’ve purchased and listened to nearly a dozen or more speeches given by Dr. J. Michael Hill at various League of the South conferences over the years, and this guy is one incredible and fascinating, proud Southerner to listen to. He is one of my absolute favorite speakers and his knowledge of history about the Old South is almost without equal. I am looking forward to listening to the archive of this show and I hope Dr. Hill becomes a frequent guest on VOR in the future!

3. Carolyn on April 30th, 2010 10:28 pm

I just now listened to the first half of this program, and I couldn’t agree more with Dr. Hill’s premise that the U.S. cannot be a single unified nation anymore. I hope the South can succeed in breaking off and begin the correction. The South is a very distinctive culture and needs to be preserved.

4. Edgardus de la Vega on April 30th, 2010 11:35 pm

Regarding these United States, the South is the last remaining region of ‘true Americana’. Its derivative civility and culture stem from the Old World. As Dr. Sunic generally stated: even our fellow European brothers and sisters no longer possess the daily skill set of manner and protocol like those of the Southern people.

Well… Spain is still the exception in many ways, but they too are affected by globalism.

Secession is the South’s only future; for it is a nation under corporate occupation, by way of vulgar merchants and destructive speculators. The South is a special state of being. Let that nation breathe for crying out loud.

5. Mishko Novosel on April 30th, 2010 11:44 pm

Spain has 20% unemployment? With the current amount immigration in Spain I don’t expect them to do much.

6. Edgardus de la Vega on May 1st, 2010 12:14 am

Mishko:

Spain’s unemployment is beyond 20% (I think). Spaniards between 18-24 are the most affected. As for the non-white immigration in Spain: the government has paid a number of them to return to their
    respective homelands. However, there are still plenty of them left draining the budget system.

As you know, Spain is one of the ‘PIGS’ states ready to be economically barbecued over the fire pit. It’s quite a humiliating status. After Franco’s death, Spain began to lose it historic, Catholic ethos of austerity.

They will now pay for their sins, and learn the hard way. It’s that simple.

7. Stevie Blunder on May 1st, 2010 2:58 pm

Spain is like the Mexico of Europe, and that’s not a knock on their racial stock, it’s saying that they’ve become one big vacation resort for the Swiss, the British, the Swedes, the Germans, etc.

So I don’t know how anyone could say that Spain of all places is holding on to old world traditions. Unless I misunderstood. I’d believe it if it were being said about Eastern Europeans, but then again I have no knowledge of what their old world traditions are and I’ve never set foot there. (Would love to, though)

8. PalmettoPatriot on May 1st, 2010 5:24 pm

This is great that Dr Hill was on here! More folks in Dixie should join the League so that we can get out of this awful US Empire.

9. Edgardus de la Vega on May 1st, 2010 6:41 pm

S. Blunder:

As per your statement regarding Spain’s tourist resort status: such is true in its scale and intensity. Their tourism brings in billions of dollars and euros combined. The Spaniards in general are a reserved lot, by way of manner and protocol. The day-to-day qualities are still there despite the destructive power of
    anti-European globalism.

How will it be in 20 years time (i.e. Europe in general)? I don’t know.

Frankly, I prefer a smaller tourist industry. If you have time on your schedule, do visit. ¡Vale!