Shattering Illusions with Rob Halford 8/22/2009

August 23, 2009

Shattering Illusions with Rob Halford: Another great show. Tonight’s show was one that went in many directions, but fired on all cylinders.

• Strawman
  • US Bill of Rights
  • British Bill of Rights
  • Harley Davidsons
  • Hells Angels
  • Toll Roads
  • Tikkun Olam
  • Kol Nidre

And much more

Comments

9 Responses to “Shattering Illusions with Rob Halford 8/22/2009”

1. Tony on August 24th, 2009 10:32 am

Two thumbs down on this radio broadcast. It was horrible. The guy was totally unprepared for the broadcast. He couldn’t ad lib at and just continue with the show at the beginning without Mishko. And several times throughout the show he couldn’t even find his material. It was very painful to listen to (as opposed to your other shows). “Rob” needs some training before getting behind a mic.

2. George Orwell on August 24th, 2009 8:21 pm

Tony,

I think you’re being a little harsh. The show sounded relaxed and two guys talking about current events. I rather enjoyed it.

3. Steve on August 25th, 2009 3:21 am

It was great. Awesome show. If anything, Mark (who I love and totally respect) fubar’d it with his temper at times. Still, a fantastic show. Plus….Rob…if you need a new co-host, gimme a shout. Canadians can take a joke. ;)

BTW…Rob…dealing with telemarketers, please listen to this mp3. ;)

I’ll temporarily host it on my server here: http://Rob:%56%6F%69%63%65%4F%66%52%65%61%73%6F%6E@Nighted.cjb.net/042 The Avenger – British.mp3

4. Steve on August 25th, 2009 3:26 am

Sorry about the spaces in the URL. You’ll have to copy the whole line and paste it into your browser. Just the way I have my server set up…

5. Rob Halford on August 25th, 2009 5:37 am

Thanks Tony for your opinion. The thing is, you don’t know what goes on behind the scenes, so your opinion may not have too much knowledge to make that opinion.
    The reason that the show struggled to start with is that Mishko suddenly dropped out on me and I didn’t know what had happened.
    As for me needing training, sometimes things aren’t optimal, but I think we do well, based on feedback we have so far.

6. James on August 25th, 2009 11:32 am

Two thumbs up!!!

7. Tony on August 25th, 2009 10:15 pm

I’m not trying to be a jerk Rob. You have plenty of great content to present. I remember your excellent broadcasts on FTL. ;)

I just think a better plan on presenting might be warranted (that everyone could learn from when such events occur). Something which future broadcasters on the network could use to plan their broadcasts.

8. Rob Halford on August 26th, 2009 4:31 am

I didn’t say that you were Tony. We can’t plan for others, we all do things our own way because we are different. I can’t be on top of my game every time, it just isn’t possible.
    It is possible that I wasn’t on top of my game for this show, I don’t know, but that is part of being a man and not a machine.

9. Tony on August 26th, 2009 9:37 pm

Perhaps there are some better methods or fallback plans that we could think of to avoid delays on the air? Just trying to help… I know you have what it takes to deliver a quality show. Hell, you’ve shown it lots of times in the past.

BTW, do you know Derrick MacThomas? Maybe you two could do a show together? You said you’re in Perth though, so that might be a problem.

I have some friends that live in Brisbane. I always liked the Aussies. They are so much more like us Americans, you know open. The Brits seem so much more of a reserved bunch. It is like you’re playing poker when communicating with them.

Plenty of Brits are good folk as well though. But I just always seemed to get along much better with the Aussies than any of the Euro types.