Shattering Illusions with Rob Halford 8/15/2009

August 16, 2009

Shattering Illusions with Rob Halford: Another great hour show.

• A re-enactment of the Long Tan battle of 16 Aug 1966
  • Current Hot Topics
  • What’s the Future look like

And much more

Comments

13 Responses to “Shattering Illusions with Rob Halford 8/15/2009”

1. Mark Faust on August 16th, 2009 6:11 pm

Rob, You should do another brief explanation of the scare crow man topic that you did years ago on FTL. People here would love that.

2. Mike Bailey on August 16th, 2009 9:36 pm

If Mister Halford would upload an MP3 copy of his radio drama: The Long Tan Battle (1966). His fans could post it far and wide on the internet. Seems to me a great many radio talk show hosts in the states would like to play that recording on Australia’s military holidays. The United States, is, after all, a part of the world’s White Nationalist Commonwealth. … Don’t you think?

3. Rob Halford on August 16th, 2009 10:28 pm

I can do that Mark. It was my intention to do that as we go along.

And so that you know Mike, there is a plan to upload the Long Tan segment itself so that you guys can download it.

4. ed on August 16th, 2009 11:21 pm

all young men at long tan and they are now died, how fitting it is that that is always the case. better trade was the result of ww1 and ww2, and the no win wars sponsored by the all loving UN….proceeded. if anyone would like to know the real story about how we, yes we, the western world supplied the viet cong with armament read “national suicide”.

5. Steve on August 17th, 2009 2:32 am

Thanks Rob. Another Epic show! :)

6. Mishko Novosel on August 17th, 2009 10:10 am

Here’s the link to the great audio that Rob did. It’s in the beginning of the show, but I’ve uploaded just this section for your listening pleasure. Great Job Rob.

http://reasonradionetwork.com/_archive/sunday long tan.mp3

7. Mishko Novosel on August 17th, 2009 10:11 am
  8. Cole on August 17th, 2009 5:04 pm

Mishko, the “show chat” I hear being referred to on the shows, is that on the skype website? if not, how do I find it? I’m itching to follow the chat while listining to the show.

9. Dave Jensen on August 17th, 2009 11:49 pm

Rob and Mark I’m just now finishing up listening to the 16 August, ’09 show and as a ’66 to ’68 vet I just wanted to send you my heartfelt thanks.
    A slow warm feeling hit me as you recreated the radio cordinates and my tears began to flow freely. Not in pain but in honor to those you were remembering and in gratitude that I have a wonderful family and live in relative safety thanks to other men just like those you speak of. Different area in country, same war.
    VOR and all who make it work are the modern current heroes, we don’t have to look for them we have them all here. Thanks

10. Rob Halford on August 18th, 2009 10:52 am

Cole, yes, it is skype chat and you would be welcome to join in. Search for shattering illusions and add that contact. When I sign in, I will accept your contact.

Dave, it is guys like you that I did that show for. Glad that you got something out of it.

11. Cole on August 18th, 2009 7:04 pm

thank you Halford, I served in Iraq with Australians, didn’t have much interaction with them though, but they usually had a smile on. A pleasent relief from the unending stream of iraqis, the koreans, and the other mish-mash.

12. Steve on August 19th, 2009 2:23 am