The New Nationalist Perspective: Dr. Sunic interviews Alex Kurtagic

August 4, 2009

Alex Kurtagic is a novelist, a musician and a contributor to the Occidental Observer.

In this show, Dr. Tom Sunic and Alex discuss the social underpinnings of Alex’ dystopian novel Mister, a must-read to comprehend the Western endtimes. The plot takes place in the not too distant future, in the European city of Madrid. Both in terms of the language and style, this fine book is comparable to Raspail’s The Camp of the Saints. Also discussed is black metal music and its meta-political message and its promotional uses.

Contact Tom:
tom.sunic hotmail.com

Comments

12 Responses to “The New Nationalist Perspective: Dr. Sunic interviews Alex Kurtagic”

1. Bill on August 5th, 2009 11:38 pm

Knowing Sunic’s opinions and checking Kurtagic’s website I was prepared for a session of Christian-bashing. I listened anyway and it ended-up being interesting. So a plus for that.

Black metal music was discussed. Being a metal fan of sorts and a hobbyist musician, I have tried it and if everything else going on isn’t enough to make someone depressed, black metal music will do it. Besides the overall feeling of doom and alienation that’s characteristic of the sound, I personally find most of the songs boring as far as musical content: slow chord changes, small scale intervals, lots of Phrygian, overuse of double-bass drumming, etc. Some of the stuff is just too abstract even if one can endure the music’s negative mood. This is my general opinion on the genre, not on Kurtagic’s music itself.

Overall, I don’t see how this depressing mindset that such music and its associated artwork helps in the political realm. It was pointed out that black metal is anti-establishment and European, OK, but what else?

Here’s my question: What would Hitler do with it?

2. Luis Magno on August 6th, 2009 3:08 am

testing…

3. Ba Racknophobe on August 8th, 2009 6:30 am

Sunic repetedly fails letting his interviewee speak, which is a shame since this Kurtagic guy seems quite interesting and intelligent. It also nullifies the whole idea of an interview. If you ask someone a question, at least listen to his reply. Otherwise do a monologue.

Also, Sunic has stated somewhere that before reading or taking in someone’s thoughts he likes to find out that person’s ethnic and cultural background. Unfortunately he doesn’t extend that pleasure to his listeners. We didn’t really get to know anything about Mr Kurtagic’s ethnic or cultural background. Only at the very end it comes in the form of a hasty speculation from Sunic’s part. Why the guesswork? This only gives the impression that one or both of them want to hide something.

There’s also some silly smokescreening from Mr Kurtagic himself, manifesting itself in talking about what countries he has been living in, but that doesn’t say anything much important about him, does it?

So what’s the deal here? Why is Kurtagic’s ethnic background not addressed?

4. george wells on August 8th, 2009 1:02 pm

Ba Racknophobe,
    What’s your constructive point here? As a back seat driver, you should be thrown out of the car and backed over a few times.

5. George Orwell on August 8th, 2009 4:50 pm

George Wells,

I completely agree with you. None of the hosts are professional broadcasters. They do this on their own spare time, but I believe they’re learning. Bottom line, all the shows are getting better and the content is the most important thing.

I think Mishko mentioned this before to Ba Racknophobe that VoR will not tolerate attacks on it’s hosts. So we’ll see how that’s dealt with.

6. Ba Racknophobe on August 9th, 2009 5:30 am

‘george wells’, this is not a gathering of the KKK and I am not a n*gger, so getting run over by cars is not an option.

‘George Orwell’, constructive criticism IS allowed by VoR, personal attacks aren’t. This was in the domain of constructive critique, even if you two Georges can’t seem to grasp in what way. Since the broadcasters aren’t professionals, so much more reason to point out their shortcomings, so that they may improve and adjust their future sessions.

There’d be no point in having a comment section if it was merely a brown-nosing fest, now would it?

7. george wells on August 10th, 2009 6:18 pm

Ba Racknophobe,

You are either a plant to muddy free speech and retard white/european progress or you are emotionally or mentally disturbed.

You just need to be marked as such, dead wood, that needs to be chopped and burned. Discussion is pointless with you.

If you are concerned about brown-nosing, why go out for hamburger when there is steak at home?

8. Luis Magno on August 11th, 2009 12:52 am

Ba Racknophobe makes a valid point and I would take his suggestion one step further. Each poster here should disclose their country of origin and their ethnic and racial heritage as a precondition for posting.

I am highly suspicious of those who loudly proclaim their Whiteness and then use it as some sort of weapon. I know for a fact that some of these posters have aboriginal ancestry and possibly even African ancestry. If truth be told many Southerners do. Elvis Presley for one.

Their claim to Whiteness is a smokescreen. Of course, they will lie about their ancestry if asked to reveal it but at least they will be on record as having lied.

I will start the process. I was born in the state of Texas. I am of Spanish descent on my mother’s side and of Austrian and Hungarian descent on my father’s side. My surname is unmistakenly German.

9. george wells on August 11th, 2009 5:21 pm

George Orwell,

Yes, the hosts do a great job and the content is superb. I believe the job of the listener is to listen, read the writings of the hosts and guests, and then discuss but not condemn.

I must admit I have a limited view of everything, so another’s point of view is like another set of eyes, with which I can get a little better view of reality.

10. george wells on August 11th, 2009 5:37 pm

Luis Magno, are you the Pau Gasol (NBA star) of the white movement? Pau is spanish but if you look at him there is something else mixed in there. I have, personally, seen only a few people of “spanish descent” that do not have something else VISIBLY mixed in there.

What is the difference between hispanic or spanish? There isn’t any as far as I can tell. Most people who say they are hispanic mean they are really mestizo.

Maybe you are sensitive to the word whiteness for a deep dark reason. Maybe your attitudes as you have expressed them are racially based. Maybe you are a character from H.G. Wells ,The Island of Dr. Moreau.

How would we know?

11. NordicSurvivalist on August 17th, 2009 2:02 am

Alex Kurtagic is quite gifted creatively and the “Mister” book looks like an interesting read and a most probable future the way this Talmudic-like regulated society is heading. So he’s perhaps from a Slavic country, who cares? His work is helping whites with refreshing clarity of expression rather than the usual verbal acrobatics of alleged “far-right” in Europes whom are constricted by heavy state monitoring and equality law censorship of dissidents.

Great interview Mr. Sunic. Your work is inspiring ,original and highly informative. I look forward to your future endeavors.

12. ManOfTheWest on December 22nd, 2009 2:21 am

GRAVELAND – “White Beasts Of Wotan” (Polish Black Metal)