Announcing a new program: The New Nationalist Perspective with Tom Sunic

May 28, 2009

The Voice of Reason Broadcast Network is pleased to announce a new program, The New Nationalist Perspective, with your host, Dr. Tom Sunic, a former professor, an author, a translator and a former Croat diplomat. The show runs this Tuesday, 9pm, Eastern U.S. time.

Every week, Dr. Tom Sunic will bring VoR listeners his thoughtful perspective on matters of contemporary European and European-American identity; he will address a wide range of topics including culture, heritage and meta-politics.

About Tom Sunic

Tom Sunic

Tomislav (Tom) Sunić is a former US professor, author, translator and a former Croat diplomat. He did his undergraduate work in literature and languages in Europe. He obtained his doctoral degree in political science at the University of California. Dr. Sunić has published books and articles in French, German, English and Croatian on subjects of cultural pessimism, the psychology of communism and liberalism, and the use and abuse of modern languages in modern political discourse.

Visit Tom’s Web site at http://www.tomsunic.info for essays, interviews, book information, and more. he can be reached at tom.sunic@hotmail.com

Comments

14 Responses to “Announcing a new program: The New Nationalist Perspective with Tom Sunic”

1. Russ on May 28th, 2009 10:35 pm

Another great addition to your line-up. I’ve enjoyed listening to Dr. Sunic’s interviews in the past.

One question, does this mean that Mark Weber’s Worldwatch has been cancelled?

2. Mike Conner on May 28th, 2009 10:52 pm

Hi Russ,

Mark Weber’s Worldwatch is on temporary hiatus due to time constraints on Mark’s side.

3. Russ on May 28th, 2009 10:55 pm

Thanks Mike. Good to know.

4. Alicia on May 29th, 2009 3:57 pm

Will look forward to the new show “The New Nationalist Perspective” hosted by Dr. Tom Sunic. Like Russ, I have enjoyed hearing what Dr. Sunic had to say during earlier interviews. This is a fabulous new addition to your line up. Thank you every so much.

5. George Orwell on May 30th, 2009 9:34 pm

Tom is live right now on Political Cesspool… http://libertynewsradio.com/schedulesat.php

6. Joliet Johnny on May 31st, 2009 4:04 am

Im amazed how much this network has grown. Cant wait to hear what you have to offer Dr. Sunic.

7. Dori Graham on June 2nd, 2009 10:09 pm

A Great, informative, and educational first run of the Tom Sunic
    Show. Nothing to add, nor disagree. I look forward to all
    future shows.
    I have to go back over 50 years to find real White Culture.
    It has been displaced by the mass media, the churches, the
    government, and academia. If you live your life by watching
    TV, you are most likely brainwashed. This is the power of
    the mass media, that is controlled by a very privileged few.
    Their goal is a one world government, in which there will
    be three classes. The very wealthy, a small administrative
    middle class, and followed by masses of poverty. Just like
    all third world country’s.

8. Luis Magno on June 3rd, 2009 11:55 am

I heard Dr. Sunic’s first broadcast yesterday on VOR. I was disappointed by his use of the Orwellian “white” socio-racial category. I suspect that he was appeasing the European-American idiots that revel in its use.

It’s would be a fatal error on his part if he continued to use it because the use of the “white” category cuts off or impedes rational discourse and rational thought precisely on the subjects that he claims to bring expertise to: culture, race and ethnicity.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear that he proudly shares with me an Austro-Hungarian heritage.

9. Igor Alexander on June 3rd, 2009 4:12 pm

Please elaborate on why you find the term “white” objectionable.

What word would you recommend in its place?

10. Luis Magno on June 4th, 2009 3:58 pm

To: Igor Alexander

“Please elaborate on why you find the term ‘white’ objectionable.”

It says nothing about your ethno-racial heritage.

“What word would you recommend in its place?”

I would recommend that you identify ethno-racially.

11. Listener on June 9th, 2009 12:37 pm

Thank you for doing this very good radio program. I find it comprehensive and thoughtfull. A program which hopefully will help people understand how to approach these issues, and maybe along the way new things will be learnt. New insights about how to effectively deal with the issues of European identity, and European culture(s), of course.

Culture is a term I have also been sceptical towards, and even I would say say; I havnt quite grasped what the meaning of culture is. Observing how loosely it has been used under my I suppose relatively recent years of growing up, I have personally avoided using it at all, simply and basicly because I wouldnt be entirely sure how to use it and what I myself would be saying with it, what insinuations my audience might draw from it. Therefore I have basicly tried to explain what I have to say, things that others would maybe label as culture, as specificly as possible with alternate terms. After listening to your program, It has gotten a refined and clarified meaning to me, and that is the expression of a peoples way of being, with all it entails, from how a people treat each other to how they view cuisine. Something that needs to have been nurtured over countless generations. Not least I think your differentiation of lifestyle and culture was very impactful and important. I certainly believe diffferent ethnicities have inherent tendencies to develop different preferences. But furthermore, I also believe that ethnicities (or races if you wish) respectively have certain qualities, abilities which the other respective ethnicity simply does not posses at all, and vice versa. It may be detail issues of larger functions, but nevertheless with subtantial outcomes to how we are.

I wonder how the founders of the USA saw the term culture, as they were careful with who they let into their country based on such premisses. It is often reiterated that the USA was built by immigrants, that may be true, but it was built by legal immigrants, and during the last 60 years the majority have been illegal. That alone ought to have consequences.

If it is unclear what connotations the term culture carries, then what about nationalism? Do we need to consider either needing to define it more clearly or maybe have an alternate term?

What you mean with the masters of discourse really became clear. I can think of a number of terms which carry completely other meanings for people today than their actual etymological meaning. Not least words which have been affected that way in the past WW2 period.

I appreciate that you deal with such down to earth and direct issues. Whilst some independent, more or less, radio programs seem more interested in speculating about science fiction. Well, be that as it may. I find it important that ethnical awareness is raised, and that it as the reality it is, is taken into consideration in the various processes in society. Altough I must say that I have not myself seen it so much as an issue of identity or culture, something which sounds like it needs to be defined. Who a people are is something one carries with oneself and simply are, whether one makes an active decision about it or not. However, given the importance of being aware of it and the responsibility it stimulates, it does need to be called something. I call it ethnical awareness. I might relate it more to identity and culture after listening to this, as it may have had more to do with the latter terms having unclear meaning, than them being inapt for it per se.

Thanks to both of you again. I hope that future programs will need to deal less with semantic clarifications and leave more room to deal with the burning issues.

____________________________

Luis Magno:

I am quite sure that the hosts with the word white imply; European, from Europe, having developed in Europe etc.

12. ps79 on June 9th, 2009 9:18 pm

My thoughts on Multi-Culturalism:

Multiculturalism is an oxymoron. Culture is a unique thing. We cannot have several cultures at the same time and in the same place. All great civilizations during the course of history have had their unique culture. What is called multiculturalism today is nothing more than chaos. It is conflictual and divisive similar to “victimhood” and “negative identity” (The Spirit of Victimhood as Negative Identity by Dr. Tom Sunic http://www.davidduke.com/general/3970_3970.html )
    It seems that the hegemonic powers in today’s society benefit from promoting everything that is divisive and conflictual.

13. thoughts on June 21st, 2009 11:51 am

Informative show, I liked his show with Kevin Mcdonald. Culture and identity are one of the most important topics. Every ethnic group has a unique identity, and each race has several unique cultures.

Blacks have unique cultures like Kenyan, Ethopian, ect.

Asians have unique cultures like Japanese, Chinese, ect.

Whites or Europeans have unique cultures like Germanic, Russian, Serbian, Croat, Italian, Spainish, Romanian, English, ect.

14. Listener on June 30th, 2009 8:41 am

I listened to your CofCC speech, and, as many good points as it had. I am not sure I agree with that the EU as such is a bad concept. There are continental wide issues, I certainly do not think that the EU should be able to make any policies whatsoever without the concerned states to agree with being part of that specific decision, lest small nations can be bullied and it would be a mockery of the concept and human right (I know some of your thoughts on this, but it is interesting because it is something these people behind the EU hold high) of national sovereignty. But some kind of continental forum feels inevitable. If nationalists are in there it could be positive in many regards, ensuring that national sovereignty is prioritized whilst standing up for ethnic interests. Il need to look up more in detail how it works though.

There are several key issues to deal with, which I would like to see being dealt with, but in my opinion priority number one is ethnical realism in social processes. After that has been understood other issues can be dealt with as well.

We would all want a one-step supersolution to solve all of our issues optimally. But the chances are slim for that to happen. And time changes things. Let’s get our feet on the ground and do things effectively.

What is going to happen is that Europeans are, rest assured, going to react to what is going on more and more, that awareness does exist. It is important to answer to that. Once people are set free and can discuss and deal with ethnical reality openly and honestly, there is no issue that we will not be able to deal with. Why do you think that our antagonists allow that people oppose pretty much anything as long as it is a periphery issue, but when it gets to the core of it and people start talking about ethnical, racial issues they screech and scream. Think about that.

Or let me tell you; They know very well that when people are awakened to deal with that, they will lose their grip on everything they have influence over, it opens up a large can to everything, other myths would stand in line to fall.

The BNP and others have done something great, and they set the stage to introduce these issues in everyday discourse, I know you like to talk about discourse.

It was at a forum with conservatives, and most people there I assume, like me, recognize the danger of state power misuse. I want people to have power over their own society, and personal rights to be prioritized as much as the next person. I am a nationalist, but that does not mean I am against any kind of continental initiatives, not any more than being a free market advocator would have me be against democratic regulation of private enterprise (I am not for an anarchic market).

Instead of focusing much on technical details, lets focus on the bigger issue which is most important. The issue of ethnical awareness and the threat of genocide of European nations.

I am well aware about issues like what consequences financial procedures under todays banking frameworks mean, it is something I think can be improved a lot. I know specificly the very paragraphs of laws which enable in some of our nations that the government monitor persons and organizations without answering to anyone, no court decision, no one responsible (beyond the very monitors themselves, what a joke), nothing. I have pondered no short time about the issues of both private and public misuse of power, not least on the supranational level. But, I am aware that this will not matter the day we are gone as people. I setup a prioity and that priority is to stop the ethnical genocide of Europeans. Ethnical reality is the number one needed subject which needs to be honestly dealt with today.

Focusing on practicalities, is something we need to do. It is fine to criticize and bring to attention problems with the EU, but thinking that it will “not last a long time”, can that be serious? It does not look like ending. Bring those issues to the attention of people on our side and make sure things are done about it best we can. Having nationalists in the EU is a step forward. The processes we live under are not optimal for self-determination and democratic decisions, that is true. But if we awaken our peoples, we will be able to solve many of those issues in this situation as well. When we have the ethnical issues secured, then focus can be shifted more towards improving other factors.

The one major possibility of the EU ending, would be if Turkey entered. I seriously cannot imagine that anyone would allow that without having an agenda of their own. It’s implications would create opposition and rafts throughout the EU. At such a point, I sincerely think that nations would not accept having their borders open towards this nation, allowing a people which have never had any influence or commonality in Europe to have a big part about decision-making affecting Ireland, Scandinavia etc, extending the EU nations responsibilities to the border with Syria with the Kurds and all other issues as non-European as they can get etc, there are thousands of reasons for this. At such a point it is important that nationalists get together and claim that; we are going to solve this as it needs to be, in a reasonable way. Not so much because of Turkey, but because of other EU nations. It is crucial that European nationalism is includes the factor of European nations not going to war with each other, if nationalists maintain such a stance, the scaremongering that our antagonists do can only end up shooting themselves in the foot. This is a large factor that worries me about the EU, and one that needs to be kept an eye on.