Edgar Steele’s Nickel Rant: Ed Gov, Not Fed Gov

April 1, 2009

Edgar J. Steele’s Nickel Rant Internet radio show returns this week with “Ed Gov, Not Fed Gov.” We will examine a number of issues vexing all of us throughout the world today:

• Will right-wingers meet middle-of-the-road Americans on the shoulder of the road next year?
  • How little government is enough and how much is too much?
  • Is democracy just a stopover enroute to tyranny?
  • Is tyranny the inevitable result of a free society?
  • Does freedom naturally burst out from under tyranny?
  • Should Edgar J. Steele run for Governor of Idaho?
  • Why doesn’t the Idaho Constitution Party like Edgar J. Steele?

All this and, for the first time tonight, we answer listener emails from around the world.

Please tune in tonight, Wednesday night, April 1 (9 pm ET and 6 pm PT), for the next edition of “Edgar Steele’s Nickel Rant,” a one-hour Internet Radio show broadcast on The Voice of Reason (VOR) network.

here is the link to the transcript of the formal rant that will be on line directly following the show: http://www.nickelrant.com/rants/090401rant.htm

14 MB / 32 kbps stereo / 1 hour 0 min.

Contact Ed: steele
conspiracypenpal.com

Comments

14 Responses to “Edgar Steele’s Nickel Rant: Ed Gov, Not Fed Gov”

1. Allan Hampton on April 2nd, 2009 8:37 am

Ed,

I’d vote for you, not necessarily because of anything you’ve said but simply because you are not an Incumbent.

America does not have a King where One person legislates, make a law. Only Congress, not a President or any one person, can legislate; reference Article I, Section 1, of the Constitution. The People are abused with or via legislation (Rights infringed) and the People cannot legislate or repeal legislation. To stop Rights infringing legislation that legislation must be repealed. Only Congress can repeal federal legislation.

The People are the Boss, only Boss, of who gets hired to legislate in the entire USA. The People hire (elect) all 435 Members (Lawmakers) of the House of Congress and do so every two years; reference Article I, Section 2. Only when the People (Boss) start firing (by voting to not reelect) Incumbents will there be a “positive” change of direction of Rights infringing legislation.

Allan

2. Ed in Texas on April 2nd, 2009 1:04 pm

As an active Ron Paul supporter during his run for the presidency and even a voting delegate during the Texas State GOP convention, I had the unique opportunity to observe the PC practices and rhetoric inherent to not only the GOP but also the other 3rd Party hierarchies as well.

A good example of this I witnessed within the Libertarian Party during their nomination process. Mary Ruwart, who was vastly more qualified and knowledgeable about the principles of Libertarianism, was unceremoniously dumped as a potential nominee in favor of the popularity of Bob Barr, who only recently “claimed” his support of such principles. Barr’s track record certainly didn’t parallel his new-found fondness for the Libertarian Party. But, the LP fell for him hook, line and sinker due to his national prominence at the expense of the true meaning of their platform. My opinion is that this detracted from their ideology far more than any votes they may have gained from his fame.

So, the irrational reactions of the Idaho CP to your announcement of “possibly” running for Governor under their platform isn’t really surprising. An unfortunate side-effect inherent to any political party is that they are, well, political. All too often, this manifests itself into political correctness at the expense of even some of the most basic tenets of their platforms (and in the case of the two major parties, it often “blatantly” contradicts their most basic platform).

So, if you do have the testicular fortitude to see this thing through, go right ahead with a run for Governor of the Great State of Idaho! Just be aware (and I know you are) that until your popularity has grown large enough at the grassroots level, you won’t get much, if any, help from the CP hierarchy. Eventually though, given enough attention and support from the masses, the CP will have no choice but to adopt you as their man if they do in fact value their platform more than their personal prejudices.

Like you, I too believe that what we’re used to seeing with respect to how campaigns play-out is about to encounter a sea-change due to the watershed socio-economic conditions we’ll be facing over the course of the next year or two. I see it as almost inevitable that our entire system of government will be completely different within the next few years; hopefully for the better. Even sheep get pi$$ed when you back them into a corner and hence, even the general populace won’t take much more of this.

Heck, maybe I can claim residency from Chicago so I can vote for you too … three or four times!?

And in closing, if you do actually pull this off, this ‘ol Texan will give serious consideration to selling his ranch and moving up their with you in the wilds of Northern Idaho (even if I do freeze my a$$ off)!

God Speed in Your Battle,

Ed in Texas

3. john smith on April 2nd, 2009 1:11 pm

You’ve got my 100 bucks in your kitty if you do go for it.

4. Ed in Texas on April 2nd, 2009 1:18 pm

I forgot to mention that I too ended up voting for Chuck Baldwin with the Constitution Party. After Ron Paul dropped out of the race, Baldwin was the only truly principled nominee in the running in my opinion.

And I know what you mean about Dr. Paul’s demeanor being a handicap. He’s almost always “right” with respect to what he has to say, but unfortunately he has the charisma of a box of rocks. Heck, even Dr. Paul knows this. He can’t help being the “quaint, wise ‘ol academic” any more than you and I can keep from being who we are.

The Sheeple are so expectant from their many generations of mass-media indoctrination, of judging character based upon meaningless facets of a politician, such as their overall presence, rather than what they actually have to say; and even more importantly, their track record.

Ed in Texas

5. Edgar J. Steele on April 2nd, 2009 2:11 pm

The doors of my email account have been blown off their hinges this morning, just four hours after sending the written transcript of last night’s Nickel Rant to my list. I swear I’m going to answer every single one of them this time, even if it takes me long into the night, every night, for as long as it takes.

To those reading and participating in this forum: thank you.

I expected a generally positive response, but I never anticipated anything like this! What amazes me the most is the incredibly high percentage of emailers who say they will move to Idaho if I even run for Governor, let alone win.

-ed

6. Mike Conner on April 2nd, 2009 2:24 pm

I added a link to the written transcript to this post.

7. k-Sensor on April 2nd, 2009 6:41 pm

enjoyed the show. Wish you luck in your political move.

8. Auntiesemite on April 2nd, 2009 9:18 pm

If Mr Steele does win the gubernatorial race, i predict that droves of like minded people will make the move to Idaho in wagon trail fashion. I will be among them.. Furthermore, maybe taking up residence in a small apartment during the election would be in order..Every vote counts, unless, of course, you happen to be voting on a Diebold voting machine…

Governor Steele…It just sounds good, doesn’t it?

Great program Mr Steele..

9. Howdy Doody on April 3rd, 2009 1:53 am

Then IMO if Ed win’s it, then the University, and Boise enemy aliens mis-fit’s who brought in Welfare Queens and refugee’s alonmg with HB 1′s should get looked at..

IMO anti Sedition type of laws should be used against them.

The biggest insult to White Idaho folks IMO was the private Alphabet .gansters setting up office their. A Black organization and that holy cost’s one too. Don’t forget the Mezzytizzo’s have their racial offices too..

10. George on April 7th, 2009 1:53 pm

Ed,
    I always find your Nickel Rants to be insightful. However, the general trend of White leaders like yourself telling European Americans to “lay low” seems crazy. European Americans “laying low” is precisely what got us into this mess to begin with.

11. George on April 7th, 2009 3:22 pm

European Americans should be vigorously speaking out against these outrageous evils like they never have before.

12. Allan Hampton on April 7th, 2009 3:35 pm

George,

You make a good point to Ed, but what do you suggest “Americans” do to correct their government?

Armed Revolution? The Constitution cannot be enforced with Arms or the Militia – shooting up government is not authorized or espoused by the Constitution. Arms and the Militia are “Constitutionally” strictly for the purpose of “defense” when under physical attack.

Elect a Leader? There is no “one” Leader in Constitutional America – one person cannot make any law, only a majority of the 535 Members of Congress can make a law in the USA. The People, and only the People/Americans, elect (hire and can fire) all 435 Members of the House of Congress and do so every two years. Americans are the Boss of who gets hired (elected) and that hiring (or firing) is the only power of “force” the People have over government (elected Officials).

Allan

13. George on April 7th, 2009 10:18 pm

Allan,
    I suggest that Americans give 10% of their income to VOR as a Holy Tithe, then Jesus will take care of everything else. It says so right in the holey Bible.

14. Rod Palin on April 14th, 2009 11:46 pm

I will most surely tell everyone that I know about your running for Govornor!! It is refreshing to hear what you have said about what you would do if elected!!!!! I guess now i am on the RED LIST as a terrorist, oh well, I believe God is still on the throne.