John De Nugent 4/9/2008

April 10, 2008

Comments

7 Responses to “John De Nugent 4/9/2008”

1. Moranen on April 10th, 2008 5:47 am

This download link doesnt seem to work (at least on 10/4).

2. Kievsky on April 10th, 2008 8:40 am

I downloaded the mp3 files but my players, Windows Media and Winamp, don’t recognize them. Any ideas? Is it working for you guys?

3. Justin in Australia on April 10th, 2008 12:23 pm

Peter have a look at this video on YouTube > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY-to8M4hCI

4. jOsh in Kentucky on April 11th, 2008 5:58 pm

Great Show, I could hear it fine. The only problem was that It seemed as if the mic was left on while the music was playing and I could hear talking. How do you spell the Boers name that predicted the future, I would like to read up on him. Thanks!

5. John de Nugent on April 12th, 2008 11:11 am

Dear Josh in Kentucky:

The Afrikaner soldier/prophet was the Seer Van Rensburg.
    (http://www.anc.org.za/books/nlife23.htm)

The seer was Nicolas van Rensburg, of Lichtenburg, a simple and illiterate farmer. He was a prophet not without honour in his own country. On many occasions he had given proof positive of the possession of extraordinary powers of prevision, so men said and believed. It would be out of place here to give examples of the many telepathic forecasts (or happy guesses) with which he was credited. It is certain that he had a great hold on the imagination of thousands of his people. During the Anglo-Boer War some commandos, when Van Rensburg was in their lager, neglected all precautions. If “Oom Niklaas” declared that the English were not in the neighbourhood, it was a waste of energy to post sentries and keep a look out.

His reputation had, strangely enough, not diminished since the war. This was perhaps due to several causes. He had never attempted to exploit his “gift” and impressed most of those who came in contact with him with his apparent sincerity. If he duped others, it seemed he also duped himself. Moreover, and this was perhaps the secret of his continued success, his “visions” were invariably symbolic and mysterious; they possessed an adaptability of character that was truly Delphic. Indeed, his hearers were compelled to put their own interpretation upon his visions. The seer seldom pretended to understand or explain them himself.

General De la Rey took a great interest in the seer, who had belonged to his commandos during the Anglo-Boer War.

6. Anon on April 17th, 2008 10:30 am

Deirdre Fields has such a nice voice!

7. jOsh in Kentucky on April 17th, 2008 2:49 pm

Mr. De Nugent-

Thank your for your response to my question, I will go dig around on the internet a little bit more to see what else I can learn. I look forward to your next show. Thanks – jOsh

Ps: Do you have an e-mail address I could write you at? If so could you please e-mail me at the address provided above.